Manage a Payment Entry
Create a Payment Entry:
1. In the Payment Entries Overview, click New Payment Entry.
2. In the New Payment Entry Window, Select a Payment Type and enter the Payment Amount.
- Advances to Supplier refers to payments that the business advances to a supplier that would be used in future transactions.
- Customer Deposits refer to payments that a customer deposits to a business that would be used in future transactions.
3. Select the Account that the payment will be made from or to. Then select the Payment Date and the Payment Mode.
- If the Payment Mode is Cash, there would be no additional fields that would be displayed.
- If the Payment Mode is Check, there would be additional fields that would be displayed and are needed to be filled namely a Check# field, a Check Date field, and a Bank Details field.
- If the Payment Mode is Others, the Other Details field would be needed to be filled.
4. Select the Bank Account in which the payment would be deposited to or withdrawn from.
5. You may enter Remarks of the payment entry. Then enter the Payment Amount.
6. Once done, click Save to save the transaction or Cancel to terminate the form.
7. A successful message will appear at the top-right-hand corner and you’ll be able to see the newly created payment entry. You can click the message to create another payment entry.
Edit a Payment Entry on the Payment Entries Module:
1. Click the Payment Entry you want to edit.
2. Click Edit.
3. Enter the new details and then click Save located at the bottom. A message will appear if the payment is saved successfully.
Deleting a Payment Entry:
1. Click the payment entry you want to delete.
3. Click Delete.
Add Comments to a Payment Entry:
The Zayls Team allows you to leave important messages to keep everyone informed.
1. In the Payment Entry record, scroll down to view the Comments section.
2. Enter your message in the Comment box.
3. You may also add attachments such as photos or files. Click Add attachment below the Comment box. A Dialog box asking the location of the file will appear. Click the file you want to upload and then click Open.
4. Once finished, click Post. A successful message will appear, and the new message will display on top of the conversation.
Edit or Delete a Comment:
1. Find the comment you want to edit or delete.
2. Click .
3. To update the comment, click Edit. To delete the comment, Click Delete.