Create or Edit an Inventory Stocktake
Create a New Inventory Stocktake:
- In the Inventory Stocktake Overview, click New Inventory Stocktake.
2. In the New Inventory Stocktake window, enter the Location, Stocktake Name, and Stocktake Date.
3. Enabling the Generate Items with On Hand Quantity button will show you the current products in the warehouse you chose. The Stocktake Filter will also help you narrow down the products that will be considered. Leaving the Stocktake Filters blank will show you all the products in the warehouse.
3. Once you are done, click Save to save the transaction or Cancel to terminate the form.
4. A successful message will appear and you can click the successful message to create another inventory stocktake transaction.
Edit an Inventory Stocktake:
There are two ways to edit an Inventory Stocktake:
- Manual editing
- Select an existing Inventory Stocktake that you want to edit.
- Click Edit, then Manual.
3. Edit the desired details you want to update and once you are done, click Save to save the changes or Cancel to retain the original details. A message will appear if the inventory stocktake is updated successfully.
1. Select an existing Inventory Stocktake that you want to edit.
2. Click Edit, then Import.
3. In the Inventory Stocktake (Import) page, download the pre-filled Inventory Stocktake template by clicking the Download CSV button. The filename will be the Stocktake Name.
4. You may open the import file using any spreadsheet application, such as Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets. Fill out the required details in the import template.
5. Click the Choose File link above the import button. This will open a dialog box asking which file to upload. After selecting the file, the file name should reflect in the page. Also, the Import button should now be clickable.
6. Click the Import button.
Add Comments in the Inventory Stocktake:
The comment feature allows you to leave important messages to keep everyone informed.
- In the Inventory Stocktake record, scroll down to view the Comments tab.
- Enter your message in the Comment box.
- You may also add attachments such as photos or files. Click Add attachment below the Comment box. A Dialog box asking the location of the file will appear. Click the file you want to upload and then click Open.
- Once finished, click Post. A successful message will appear, and the new message will display on top of the conversation.
Edit or Delete a Comment:
- Find the comment you want to edit or delete.
- Click .
- Choose Edit to change the message or Delete to remove the message.
Related Article: Modifying Stocktake Quantity and New Inventory