Create or Edit an Assembly
Create a New Assembly:
- Before you can create an Assembly, you must first create a Product that has a Bill of Materials.
To find out how to create a Bill of Materials, click this link: Create or Edit a Bill of Materials
2. After creating a Bill of Materials, go to the Assemblies Overview and click New Assembly.
2. In the New Assembly window, select if you wish to Assemble or Disassemble then enter the Product Variant w/ BOM. This refers to the Product that has already a Bill of Materials. After selecting, the products details of the Product Variant w/ BOM bundle will show up.
3. The user must also select which Location will assemble, the Quantity to be assembled, and the Unit Cost of the product bundle.
3. Once you are done, click Save or Save and Complete to save the transaction or Cancel to terminate the form.
- Save and Complete will save the transaction and complete the assembly. The status of the assembly will change from Pending to Completed.
- Save will only save the transaction and the transaction will have a Pending status until completed.
4. A successful message will appear and you can click the successful message to create another assembly.
Assembly Status: Pending and Completed:
- Pending means that the assembly is still in-process of assembling/diassembling
- To change from Pending to Completed:
- Completed means that the assembly has been implemented. A transaction cannot be completed when there is insufficient stock for a product.
Edit an Assembly:
- Select an existing Assembly that you want to edit.
- Click Edit.
3. Edit the desired details you want to update and once you are done, click Save to save the changes or Cancel to retain the original details. A message will appear if the assembly is updated successfully.
Add Comments in the Assembly:
The comment feature allows you to leave important messages to keep everyone informed.
- In the Assembly record, scroll down to view the Comments section.
- Enter your message in the Comment box.
- You may also add attachments such as photos or files. Click Add attachment below the Comment box. A Dialog box asking the location of the file will appear. Click the file you want to upload and then click Open.
- Once finished, click Post. A successful message will appear, and the new message will display on top of the conversation.
Edit or Delete a Comment:
- Find the comment you want to edit or delete.
- Click .
- Choose Edit to change the message or Delete to remove the message.
Related Article: Print, Duplicate, Void, or Delete an Assembly