Create or Edit a Bill of Materials
Create a New Bill of Materials
- Before you can create a Bill of Materials, you must first create a Product that Has Bill of Materials option enabled under Product Type.
To find out how to create a Product, click this link: Create or Edit a Product
2. After creating a Product, go to the Bill of Materials Overview and click New Bill of Materials.
2. In the New Bill of Materials window, enter the Product. This filters out products that have Bill of Materials enabled.
3. Enter the version ID, this makes differentiating the versions of the bill of materials easier. Then, select if it is the default version for that Bill of Materials. Additionally, a Description may also be added.
4. Under the Component attribute, select the Products and their corresponding Quantity that are included in the bundle.
3. Once you are done, click Save to save the transaction or Cancel to terminate the form.
4. A successful message will appear and you can click the successful message to create another inventory stocktake transaction.
Edit a Bill of Materials
- Select an existing Bill of Materials that you want to edit.
- Click Edit.
3. Edit the desired details you want to update and once you are done, click Save to save the changes or Cancel to retain the original details. A message will appear if the Bill of Materials is updated successfully.
Add Comments in the Bill of Materials:
The comment feature allows you to leave important messages to keep everyone informed.
- In the Bill of Materials record, scroll to view the Comments section.
- Enter your message in the Comment box.
- You may also add attachments such as photos or files. Click Add attachment below the Comment box. A Dialog box asking the location of the file will appear. Click the file you want to upload and then click Open.
- Once finished, click Post. A successful message will appear, and the new message will display on top of the conversation.
Edit or Delete a Comment:
- Find the comment you want to edit or delete.
- Click .
- Choose Edit to change the message or Delete to remove the message.
Related Article: Print, Duplicate, or Delete a Bill of Materials