Create or Edit a Purchase Discount
Create a New Purchase Discount:
- In the Purchase Discounts Overview, click New Purchase Discount.
2. In the New Purchase Discount window, enter the new discount’s Name, Description, Type (Fixed Amount, Percentage, Buy One Take One), Amount or Percentage value, Start Date, and End Date or Select Exclusive for Price Matrix and/or No Expiration Date checkbox.
The three types of Discount:
- Fixed Amount – This will be integrated into the Item line of transactions. e.g. 1000.00
- Percentage – This will be integrated into the Item line of transactions. e.g. 10%
- Buy One Take One – This type of discount will set another product for free if this is tagged on into the Item line of transactions.
3. Once you are done, click Save to save the new discount or Cancel to terminate the form. A message will appear if the discount is created successfully.
Edit a Purchase Discount:
Zayls allows you to edit Purchase Discount details to keep the system updated.
- Select an existing Purchase Discount that you want to edit.
- Click Edit.
3. Edit the desired details you want to update and once you are done, click Save to save the changes or Cancel to retain the original details. A message will appear if the discount is updated successfully.
Add Comments in the Purchase Discount:
The comment feature allows you to leave important messages to keep everyone informed.
- In the Purchase Discount record, scroll down to view the Comments section
- Enter your message in the Comment box.
- You may also add attachments such as photos or files. Click Add attachment below the Comment box. A Dialog box asking the location of the file will appear. Click the file you want to upload and then click Open.
- Once finished, click Post. A successful message will appear, and the new message will display on top of the conversation.
Edit or Delete a Comment:
- Find the comment you want to edit or delete.
- Click .
- To update the comment, click Edit. To delete the comment, click Delete.
Applying a Purchase Discount:
- On a Purchase Order, enter all the needed information.
- On the Item row, enter the item name and quantity of the item to be sold.
- Choose a Purchase Discount from the drop down.
Related Article: Enable/Disable or Delete a Purchase Discount